• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nhamunda Rose Discus Spawn

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
I have had some accomplishments in my fish room that have been quite nice lately. Some excite me and others have become expected. It’s the unexpected that really make you proud. Today I came home a little early so that I could get a few fish shipped out. When I walked in to the fishroom I noticed something that alarmed me quite a bit. From across the room I could see four of Rose discus hovering in an upper corner of the tank and a group of blues I threw in there last night after picking them up in the front bottom corner. I was really shocked when I got closer and noticed that there were two discus on the other side of the tank acting oddly. They had spawned! I have only had these fish for six weeks and one day. They are wild. New arrivals! They aren’t supposed to do this. They were supposed to be one of my long term projects. Now I am going to have to get Gipsys and some more Heckels.
DSC04381-1.jpg

As the fish arrived 11/27/08 I recieved 6
DSC04380-1.jpg

DSC04379-1.jpg

DSC04378-1.jpg

DSC04422-1.jpg

In the Q tank "puffing" for food
DSC04678.jpg

Proud new parents
DSC04677.jpg

One of the new Nhamunda Blues being a pest
DSC04676.jpg

I am on cloud 9

bigbird

5 Year Member
morning,

that is indeed an accomplishment and well done. You are correct in saying that the little unexpecting things make it worthwhile. Keep us informed and the pics as well.
cheers jk :biggrin:

viejo

5 Year Member
So do you anticipate having Nhamunda discus on your price list in the future or is it still too soon to assess?

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Up to this point they are tending their spawn. As long as the survival rate is high and I can raise the fry to quarter size they will end up on my list. I will however keep at least six for myself. If you would like to me to keep you updated as they grow send me a pm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….