• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M. Ramirezi- water

markus383

5 Year Member
Hello everybody!!!
I will buy 8 M. Ramirezi to my new tank(100x40x30cm). It has there to be aquarium with plants. Or in water about parameters:
GH= 7
KH= 5
pH= 6
these fisches will to propagate??

markus383

5 Year Member
I'm not certain about you write. I don't understand. Do you write about for example pet shop or exchange?? I'm going to buy male's in Discus Zoo shop and females in pet shop in my city. This water will be right??(yes or no)

markus383

5 Year Member
Or by such fishes M Ramirezi bring up issue in general aquarium??:
- 20x Nannostomus marginatus
- 8x M. Ramirezi
- 7x Otocinclus affinis
- 6x Red Cherry
- 10x Corydoras hastatus
I want add to this fish three Hypancistrus zebra. Or these fish will not prevent M. Ramirezi in protection of their children ?? To are rather little fish(8cm and M. Ramirezi have 7cm)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
1 question: Are "Cherry Red" a shrimp?

I would never put Hypancistrus zebra in a breeding tank with any species. The Zebra Pleco is a carnivorous species & will quickly destroy any eggs or larvae that it finds. Rams are too small and docile to defend fry from them.

Personally, I would only use breeding Rams in a Zebra Pleco tank for one reason: to make eggs and larvae for food to breed the Zebra Plecos. Hypancistrus zebra is now threatened by extinction from recent over-collecting, and now by a dam that will flood their habitat. It is important to breed this species, if we want to continue having this species in our aquariums.

markus383

5 Year Member
Yes, Red Cherry is a shrimp. I think that shrimps isn't threatening to eggs Rams. In such time I will resign from this Hypancistrus zebra. Or Corydoras Hastatus will not disadvantage spawn and larvas?? I will buy ten these fish.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Cory. hastatus & C. pygmaeus are OK. They spend most of their time in the middle level of the aquarium. They are small enough that the Rams can drive them away from their eggs/larvae.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….