• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dwarfs.....

T

trasor

Hello, i just recently added my showpiece discus to my 38 tank (3 juvi's) and was wondering about a possible addition of a pair of S.A. appistos or other dwarfs, could anyone reccomend a few species that aren't too rare, and arent too diffiuclt for me to check out? if so, thatd be great thanks....

my tank: 38 gallon (36x12x18)
3 - 3 inch discus
1 - 5 inch gold nugget
2 - kribs (soon to be moved to a 10 gallon breeder because i've lost all their fry so far)
1 - 3 inch archer

also i was wondering about the addition of dither fish, would it be helpful at all, and i had a mishap when i was setting this tank up with 6 zebra dianos gone "missing" after i added my archer back into the tank... so thats always a consideration..... any help would be great thanks

Randall

5 Year Member
Oy!

Dear Trasor,

Did you know that Archer fish eat danios for breakfast the way that you and I eat Wheaties? If you want to add some Apistos to your 38-gallon set up, lose the Archer, move the Kribs to breeding quarters and stick with the ABC Apistos: aggasizi, borelli and cacatouoides.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

T

trasor

well i know that about Archers and dianos NOW, but i figured being as i had 1.5 inch dianos, and only a 3 inch archer that they'd be fine.... oh well, thanks for the suggestions, will the apistos you mentioned have any problems with agression towards my GN or discus as the kribs have? well, thanks again for your reply

Randall

5 Year Member
Apisto Aggression

Dear Trasor,

A. aggasizi do well in Discus quality water: soft and acidic. Aggression shouldn't pose too much of a problem if the tank is well planted; unless, of course, the aggasizi are spawning. In that event, anything's fair game.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….