• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CO2 Diffuser

Nain

5 Year Member
I have recently tried the new Hagen CO2 diffuser. The gas ran out after a month and so did my supply of white sugar. So I used brown sugar instead. The gas is bubbling out significantly faster and on occasion there will be as many as 8 bubbles at a time working their way up the rack. Am I overdosing?

I just built a second diffuser using PVC pipe. It works but I am using a bubble wand as the diffuser. The wand line is filled with CO2 but the gas all exits at the fist bleed hole closest to the air line. Any suggestions for a better (i.e. cheap) diffuser?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:) The operative word is CHEAP. I use a laboratory grade sintered glass gas dispersal tub that basically is a very fine bubble airstone on the end of a thin glass tube. They work great for me in my small tanks. PM me with an email and I will send you a picture. They cost about $15 though...

mak

5 Year Member
Cheap CO2 diffuser

I've got a "no-cost" diffuser...

I've got a Tetra Tec filter hanging on the back of my 55. I drilled a small hole (big enough for CO2 tubing) in the bottom of the water lift tube. I bubble the CO2 directly into the water lift. From there they go straight into the pump impeller, which breaks them up & disperses them.

I assume that any other arrangement where you injected before the filter inlet would work as well.

mak

farm41

5 Year Member
mak,

I am doing the same thing on a 20g with a whisper #1 hob. It takes the same amount of co2 for the 20g as it does for the 60g with a 100% effecient diffuser.

YMMV

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….