• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anagram game

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
This has been fun on a couple other forums. I will post the scientific name of a dwarf cichlid in an anagram. You try to figure out what it is. Each incorrect guess will earn a hint.

Here is the first:

CROATIA'S MAFIA PRAGMATIST (hyphen is not in fish's name)

aspen

5 Year Member
my wife will dust anybody doing these games. she solves the new york times crossword puzzle all the time, one clue at a time from top to bottom. you put a prize in there, and i'll (she'll) win every one. watch out for 'the ringer'.

rick

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Correct Moi! Bring her on Rick... does she know fish names though?

Here is the next one:

CLINICIAN RECHARGE

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
You are too good.. one more easy one before I pull out an AquaLog and find a hard one...

UNCLASSIFIED MOSS TOURS

aspen

5 Year Member
oh yea, the latin fish names... she may not get these, she can hardly remember the 'red guys' (a. cacatoides) or the silver guys (silver hatchets)

i think interest may have something to do with it.

rick

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
You are too good at it. OK.. here is one that I literally pulled out of a textbook. I have never seen this fish.. nor heard of it even. GOOD LUCK! If you get this one as fast as you have gotten the others, I will have to bow to your most superior anagramming abilities.

QUARRIER JUNEAU NAP DUBBING

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
OK.. here is one that I have never even heard of the GENUS before!!!

AUTOMATA CANTINA UTAH SNAZZY

Moi_Eater

5 Year Member
AUTOMATA CANTINA UTAH SNAZZY = TAHUANTINSUYOA MACANTZATZA

I just found some info & pics of this genus on the here

That is a pretty cool name!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….