• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis species

Jeremy Basch

5 Year Member
Our local fish store received a shipment of Pelvicachromis. Within the shipment there were P. pulcher, P. subocellatus and P. taeniatus. The only information I have is that they are out of Nigeria. Ideas and thoughts?

Jeremy Basch

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
That used to be a pretty standard mix of fish for a wild Nigerian shipment back in the 90's. Only recently have the sp. aff. subocellatus and the taeniatus been in the mix again.

Personally I'd grab as many pairs of the sp. aff. subocellatus and the taeniatus as I could. I would expect the taeniatus females to be far and few between though.

If there are extra pairs of either please drop me a PM as I'd like to get my hands on both species from Nigeria...plenty of the pulcher right now though.

Jeff

Jeremy Basch

5 Year Member
Do the P. sp. aff. subocellatus turn black from Nigeria or is this the variant that does not? There was only a single female taeniatus in the batch.

Jeremy

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, the sp. aff. subocellatus will turn very black and orange. What color are the male P. teaniatus?

Jeremy Basch

5 Year Member
The P. taeniatus were smaller in size but I noticed a green tint to them along with many spots in the rear dorsal and caudal fin. I guess I know what to spend some store credit on. There were around 4 pairs of subocellatus and a reverse trio of taeniatus. I will keep everyone updated.

Jeremy

Jeremy Basch

5 Year Member
Alright, I picked up the last two pairs of subocellatus and the reverse trio of taeniatus. A friend picked up an additional pair of subocellatus. I will keep everyone updated on how they do.

Jeremy

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
If yu find you want to part with a pair of the sp. aff. subocellatus PLEASE let me know. It's one of the two Pelvicachromis that I haven't been able to raise more then 2 fry from so they are still on my "to do" list.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….