• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

newb to forum and dwarfs

WhiteDevil

APISTOMASTER sent me.

I am interested in a SA dwarf tank, either a 45 tall or a 40 tall. possibly 52 FBH is they get along with the angels.

I have the following tanks
210( build in progress for discus)
52fbh (angel tank w/ pair of rams few cardinals,few corydoras, breeding pangio oblongas, sae's and a RNP

45t empty now but was for discus

40t fully loaded with gups

The 45t I want to do smaller cichlids, less aggressive more flashy, I like color.

My tanks are all heavily planted, lots of light, Co2, ferts ect.

I am interested in learning more about these dwarfs and rams and apistos are the two I know for sure.

Nice site also.

I can be seen on alot of other forums and also do alot of business thru the GCCA(greater chicago cichlid assc.)

I look forward to the responses I will get from my questions and I do nothing but homework before I make a short list then more homework to final list to stocking.

Im 29 from the chicagoland area. been keeping fish since I was a wee lad in SoCal.( 22 years now)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of knowledgeable hobbyists here that are willing to help. I also recommend using the search menu for specific information.

Any of your aquaria should be fine, a bit large and deep than usual, but fine. In the wild these fish tend to live in shallow waters less than 12"/30cm deep. Being bottom oriented they won't interact much with angels or discus. Obviously, they won't produce large numbers of fry in a community with much larger cichlids. I suggest that you look at the different species available to you, decide what you like, and see what match your water conditions. Then enjoy!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….