• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Camera

tjudy

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
2,822
Location
Stoughton, WI
I bought a Nikon D80, a Nikon 18-55mm telephoto lens, a Tamron 90mm macro lens, and a SB-600 flash today. Here are the first so-so images taken with the Tamron lens. It took me an hour just to figure out how to set the flash up as a remote so I could flash from the front and from above. I did not play with the aperature, and that is why the depth of field is so narrow. One step at a time.


rubro_wild_P_ct_terr_Mar8_07_001.jpg

rubro_wild_M_ct_terr_Mar8_07_001.jpg

rubro_wild_F_ct_terr_Mar8_07_001.jpg

odessa_barb_M_mar8_07_001.jpg
 

beleg

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
346
Location
Istanbul/Turkey
Hey Ted,
Nice images. Its always a budget thing but Nikon's macro lenses perform better than Tamron's on D70/80. Its a great camera you will love it.. So will we who follow your site ;)
 

tjudy

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
2,822
Location
Stoughton, WI
A bit of an angle, but not a very acute one. That female rubrolabiatus is really that gravid/fat.
 

valice

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
75
The Tamron 90mm is a fabulous lens at that pricing and it is comparable with the first party lens in terms of sharpness and built. Minus the non-IF.

You can position the flash more to the front of the glass as you are lighting up the back of the fish instead of the front.

Take care of the reflections, can be seen in the 1st picture.

Have fun with the shootings. :wink:
 

Mike Wise

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
11,974
Location
Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
One of the reasons I am considering buying a Pentax K10D is because it doesn't need image stabilization in any of its lenses; it's built into the camera body. That, and I have a pot full of old Pentax lenses, bellows, slide copier, etc. that will work with the K10D.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,190
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top