• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Doubt on this apistogramma. Someone could help me?

thiagotyska

5 Year Member
Hi all!
I'm Thiago Tyska from Brazil, this is my first post here and I come with a big doubt!!!
I have won two apistogrammas from a friend of mine that sell fishes to see if it get some coloration, but it's been two weeks, the fishes are all healthy and climatized with my tank and no color has appeared.
My friend said me that he bought this apisto as a apistogramma agassizii, but they're too far to be a agassizii.
some friends of mine said that they could be a hongsloi, macmasteri and a trifasciata and looking in the galleries here I'm thinking in a apistogramma gossei or a Apistogramma sp. "Breitbinden" (I had to do a ctrl+c ctrl+v hahahahaha).
So I decided to post a photo here to try to discover what kind of apisto this fish is.
The photos.
Pic_6812_1.jpg

Pic_6812_2.jpg

Pic_6812_3.jpg

Pic_6812_4.jpg

I think I had posted this photos in the right size for this forum!

So that's it!
I guess someone here could help me!!! hehehe
Thanx!
Bye!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!

Any chance you can find out the colletion location for the fish?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The pictures are too small to see clearly. The fish belong to the species-rich A.-regani-group. The downward break of the lateral band (at the base of the tail) is typical of species in the caetei-complex, but there are other species with this characteristic. Is there any way that these pictures can be enlarged?

thiagotyska

5 Year Member
Yes...
Here are the big photos... hehehe
I posted in 200 pixels because I readed a message saynig to not post photos higher than this size...
The photos unedited...
Pic_6811_3.jpg

Pic_6811_5.jpg

Pic_6811_6.jpg

Pic_6811_30.jpg

Now it's better!!! hehehe
I'll try to take some bigger photos of this fish to post here today...
Thanx!!!
Bye!

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
It looks just like this one
100_0550.jpg
100_0549.jpg
They tell me mine's a bittaeniata This one was also gave to me. The guy I got him from said that when he got it from the shop they told him it was aggassi also.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Man it looks like you got discus and rams and orange flash in the tank with it as well. or should I say is that discus and rams and flash's in the tank to?

thiagotyska

5 Year Member
hehehe
I have in my tank many cichlids... hehehe
Some photos...
Pic_6811_16.jpg

Pic_6811_7.jpg

Pic_6811_1.jpg

Pic_6811_24.jpg

I heve 4 rams, 2 cacatuoides, 2 of that undifined apistos and 5 discus until tomorrow... hehehe
Tomorrow I'll receave 2 more discus, a blue face heckel and a green tefé.
There aren't many fights on this tank, just a cacatuoides fighting for territory here, a ram fighting for territory there some discus defining the leader...
But incredibly I have some peace on my tank...hehehe
Thanx!
Bye!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your unknown fish definitely are not the same as Apisto ranch's A. bitaeniata. Your fish have a caudal spot that is separted from the lateral band. A. bitaeniata has al lateral band that extends into the base of the tail without a caudal spot. Your fish do not appear to have markings in the tail fin & appear to be males. I think that your guess that they are A. gossei might be correct.

thiagotyska

5 Year Member
Hi folks!
I'm talking with my friend right now and he gave me some other photos of his fishes that came together with that ones...
Lookint to the photo I saw a A. Borelli!!!
No way that could be not a borelli... hehehe
Look to the photos...
Pic_7284_1.jpg

Pic_7284_2.jpg

What do you think?
Looking to that photos I think that this apisto is a A. Borellii.
Or I'm wrong?
That misteryous apisto could be a juvenille A. Borellii? I ask it because they came together from the same seller.
Thanx!
Bye!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The fish is the undescribed species, A. sp. "Vielfleck/Multi-spot". It comes from the lower Rio Xingu. It is possible that your fish might be females of this species. Does it have some black on the ventral fins, close to the body?

thiagotyska

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
The fish is the undescribed species, A. sp. "Vielfleck/Multi-spot". It comes from the lower Rio Xingu. It is possible that your fish might be females of this species. Does it have some black on the ventral fins, close to the body?

Yes!
One of them have this black mark on the ventral fin very close to the body but I could see it just in one apisto...
Thanx Mike!!!
A. sp. "Vielfleck/Multi-spot" them!!! hehehe
Thanx again!
Bye!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cole

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….