• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bolivian rams hidding.

new2rams

5 Year Member
i bought two bolivian rams 4 days ago.all they seem to do i hide.they share their tank with two smaller blue rams.the blue rams are as bold as brass,and are out all the time.the bolivians which are bigger hide away.is this just them adjusting to the new tank? will they come out and play after awhile? it`s a 75 gallon planted tank with plenty of hiding places,and plenty of room for all 4 fish to swim around.the blue rams never hide from day one.thanks.

Cathy G

5 Year Member
This is normal. You could even get a couple more say even 3 more Bolivians, they really do much better in shoals and exhibit more interesting behavior in groups.

In my couple of mixed tanks the Blues tend to dominate the Bolivians too.
Cathy

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning,

Same suggestions as Cathy. In my 100G i have 4pairs happily swimming around. I would introduce anothe couple and this should then make them settle better. What I also do when I introduce new medium fish, is to redesign the aquascape, so all fish, new and old, must again find their own territory. In my view if you introduce new fish to already territorial established ones, they will be more shy as the new fish have to fight so to speak for their territory. have fun
cheers jk :biggrin:

new2rams

5 Year Member
thanks for the feedback,cathy and bigbird.i think i`ll get another pair next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….