• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. cacatuoides breeding

rr16

5 Year Member
Hi, well my A. cacatuoides had been bright yellow and retreating into her cave for about a week and yesterday she came out with her group of free-swimmers. I love the mottled pattern on cac fry and also the way they hit the deck and freeze when she disappears and blend right in. Here are a few pics and vids to bore you all to death with!

Attachments

• A. cacatuoides female with fry 3.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry 3.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 363
  • A. cacatuoides female with fry 4.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry 4.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 366
  • A. cacatuoides female with fry 1.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry 1.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 352
  • A. cacatuoides female with fry 2.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry 2.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 319
  • A. cacatuoides female with fry.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 352
  • A. cacatuoides female with fry 5.jpg
    A. cacatuoides female with fry 5.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 349

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Congrats on the spawn - now forget what friends, family and TV look like when you enjoy the progress of the fry ;)

rr16

5 Year Member
It's great, although hard to tell how many are left today as she's hiding in the java moss. My female panduro also has a cloud (is that the collective noun for apisto fry?) of fry too!

rr16

5 Year Member
Only a handful of fry left today. Fewer than 10, but will see what happens. It was their first spawn so not too bad to have lasted this long so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….