• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

quarentine tank tip

aspen

5 Year Member
don't forget a nice light on top of your quarentine tank. you want to see if there is any problems right? don't make the same mistake i made, presenting new fish into my planted tank with oodinium, which i guess i missed. my planted tank went through a heat treatment, up to 92 deg from 82 deg, for a few days- not the best of things. but it was easier than catching all of those fish. it is coming back to normal, with no losses.

rick

aspen

5 Year Member
that was... 1 day to ramp the temp up to 92, 3 days at 92, and another day to bring the temp back down. plants were an ozelot sword, hygro polysperma and spiral vals, and they all did fine. there was some melting of the leaves of the vals, though. i put a bubble wand, on a brisk pump in there for the duration so the co2 was effectively 0. i pulled the discus to a tank of their own, for their heat and salt treatment. they were pretty rough for a while, but all is fine now.

plants seem to be able to withstand heat pretty well, ime. salt is another matter though, i'm not sure i want to see the effects of a heat and salt treatment on them. you would likely end up with just a melted mess.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….