• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizzi : wounds/disease/parasite?

Vlac

Hello,

I have a female Apistogramma Agassizzi who has some spots and irregularities on her flanks, on both sides. I bought her in May with a male. They are in a 300L tank, very well managed.
KH3, GH5, 25°C, no nitrite and no nitrate, well planted, well filtered etc... with corydoras and ember tetra. I feed them with a aried diet : frozen artemias, live food, dry food, they eat well everything.

I noticed these wounds in July, thinking I will go away, in August it was still there and I started to worry about it and started to treat it. It's hard to see what is it. It's in relief, it looks like either a sore, or loose scales with something white coming out from her body. It dosen't seems alive, its not moving.
She has always been active, theses "things" dosen't seems to affect her at all.

Since I started to take care of her, i am using a 15L separate tank. I started to use the medication I had : Esha 2000, then salt bath at 1g/L, then Esha Exit (not everything at the same time. I had no result and no evolution.
I went to an aquarium store, I left with EKTOMOR and VIRUMOR. I chose to start with the VIRUMOR with the long treatment of one week, I respected the dosage. At the end of the week : No effect on the fish. I made a pause of some days then I started the next treatment EKTOMOR. Same thing, long treatment of one week with the adequate dosage. Still no effect on the fish. Theses wounds havn't changed since months, the fish is still active, eat well, is curious...

Do you know what can it be ?
Do you think I can do something else?

My last hope was a salt treatment with high dosage but I'm not used to it. I don't want to risk something else if it can't be cured.

The 3 first pictures were taken the 2th of august, the last pictures are from today.
Thanks you very much for your advises.

Attachments

• P1040865.JPG
    P1040865.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 112
  • P1040867.JPG
    P1040867.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 103
  • P1040862.JPG
    P1040862.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 98
  • P1050036.JPG
    P1050036.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • P1050039.JPG
    P1050039.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • P1050040.JPG
    P1050040.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 96
  • P1050043.JPG
    P1050043.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
  • P1050046.JPG
    P1050046.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • P1050049.JPG
    P1050049.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
  • P1050051.JPG
    P1050051.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Vlac

Hello again,
If you have any question I ready to answer to five you more information ;)

Here you can find a video of my fish. Looking healthy except these marks on the sides...

Jon Webb

Hello again,
If you have any question I ready to answer to five you more information ;)

Here you can find a video of my fish. Looking healthy except these marks on the sides...
I’ve had the same on two of my discus recently. Various antibiotics no help. One got better after 3-4 weeks. The other better,
traces of two sores remain. I think they may have been injured, and keeping them
in a hospital tank was the “cure”.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….