• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Panduro Sexing help

Wadikus

Hello fish friends,

I need some help / insight on sexing these fish

I combed through previous threads to see if I could parse out for myself but came out just as uncertain. I took these 2 x Panduros in from a friend who was exiting the hobby right after getting them himself, they are young. I can't tell if i've got 2 males, 2 females or both. Ideally I'd like a pair. They were housed last week into my community with some diamond tetras / rummy's, a few cory cats and the resident Bristlenose Mr. Raymond Labrosse.

The Panduros are from Aquarists Across Canada, which from my research seems to be a good place to get fish in Canada. They seem to be settling in well, are friendly around each other and other fish and are eating. They are not big.. I guestimate roughly 1.25" and 1.5".

I can try and get more pictures if you think it'd help, I think maybe it's just a little too early? It's my first time keeping Apisto.. always been a Gourami guy.

Ultimately i'm not trying to get them to breed though it be cool if they did, I just want to make sure they live happy lives.

I think they might both be females, but part of me thinks Fish A (the smaller one ~ 1.25") might be a really young not coloured up male.

Fish B is the bigger one and has a small black blotch right on her midsection, I am thinking female? But honestly i have no idea.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Fish A.jpg
    Fish A.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Fish B.jpg
    Fish B.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanuhrei

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(