• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Little Big Collection

blueblue

5 Year Member
Nice to see You here blueblue.

A'propos Adoketa, I bought 8 fish , but ....
They are still in the Germany in my mate aquarium. I did not take back them because of the lack of the time yet. :frown:

PS. You inspired me to collecting APISTOS blueblue :wink:

Hi friend: i see and thanks for your kind words. i'd be glad to see more apistos in your collection. Enjoy keeping apistos!! :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, I'm not sure that this fish is the same species as the original A. sp. Kelleri that was collected near Leticia, Colombia. The female is different. My guess is that it is the Kelleri-like species collected recently in the Rio Jutai in Brazil - A. sp. Diamond Face.

Ruki

5 Year Member
Well, I'm not sure that this fish is the same species as the original A. sp. Kelleri that was collected near Leticia, Colombia. The female is different. My guess is that it is the Kelleri-like species collected recently in the Rio Jutai in Brazil - A. sp. Diamond Face.
Mike, these fishes are from Peru. They were sold as A. kelleri.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Photos of female A. sp. Kelleri from Leticia show a cheek stripe that is fairly uniform in width. K-Pon's females show a noticeable increase in width at the bottom. Of course, it's possible that this is a pattern only seen when a female is in brood dress. In addition, female A. sp. Kelleri from Leticia have a double-tipped (lyreate) caudal fin. K-Pon's don't show extensions. The fish exported from Peru were collected by Albertini in the Rio Jutai in Brazil. Mimbon Aquarium originally was selling these as A. sp. Diamond Face. I don't think the Leticia A. sp. Kelleri has ever been commercially collected/exported. I understand that some Dutch collectors recently collected it again. I don't know if it was brought back or reproduced yet.

Whether or not K-Pon's fish are A. sp. Kelleri, they are closely related to the Leticia fish.

Mark

5 Year Member
The dutch collectors have gone back and caught the sp. Kelleri again at Leticia (see remark of Ernst van Genne in the Apistogramma section). I have seen the photo's and the live fish and they look similar to the sp. diamond face from Mimbon. The cheek stripe sometimes is uniform but sometimes it gets wider at the bottom.
The two tips on the tail is a good caracteristic for both forms but in the aquarium (due to chasing of the male or finrot) the tips can tare off. My female (sp. diamond face) has two tips, but for two weeks the tips were gone. Now they have grown back again.

The fish sold by mimbon and others are called sp. Diamond face, but the sp. kelleri look very similar. I think it is very weird that the two are (almost) identical while living in those two separate places. I would expect more differences as we see in other species complexes.

Mark

lycan92

hello K-pon, okay?

guy I was impressed with his collection, has Apistogrammas I had never even heard of, my congratulations

which measures their aquariums in cm? I wanted to be in the aquarium of friends here in the forum to mount my Apistogrammas

Hugs!!

K-Pon

5 Year Member
I did not visit the forum above the month :/
THX all for good words and THX Mike for information :)

Time to show some new APISTOs im my FishHause:

A. cf. taeniata (dont know which "Tapajós"/"Arapiuns"/"Óbidos", I think that last)

Females with fry

Male :

P.W.

5 Year Member
Wow! I just noticed this thread! K-pon, you have a lot of nice fishes and the photos of them are great as well!
How is your fish room/house set up? Would be interesting to have some info! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….