• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male A. Cacatuoides problems

Alex.

5 Year Member
My male cacatuoides has stringy and transparent faeces with what appears to be little eggs in it. Does this sounds like an internal parasite? He's also flicking against wood in the tank.

Ammonia and nitrite levels are both zero, nitrates are below 30ppm and he was the last addition to the tank. Any help would be appreciated.

mf3011

5 Year Member
How familiar...

This sounds exactly like what is going on in my tank right now. This is actually the second time it has happened. The first time I was told it was worms and needed to get levamisol. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to track any of that down and tried my luck with Praziquantel instead. It seemed to work after 3 doses, as I went for a couple monthis without seeing symptoms. Now it appears it is back, with the same stringy translucent feces with eggs as you stated. It appears to have affected more fish this time as others are "flashing" as well. This time, I'm really going to try and track down some levamisol. Unless it is something else?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….