• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for some Apistos near Chicago

Culprit

5 Year Member
Hey guys,
I have a 29 gallon planted aquarium with a school of about 20 cardinals and a small school of 7 Harrisons pencilfish.
Looking for a pair of Agassizii or something similar for a display tank.
I`m in the Chicago area and can`t seem to locate anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thx in advance for your help.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm just outside of Milwaukee and normally would be able to help you out but I'm tearing down the fish room to move in two weeks so I don't have much stock left right now. I do have one wild caught pair of A. baenschi ($35/pr) and a group of six wild caught A. agassizii from Peru (6/$40) available yet though. Other then that it's just odds and ends in the dwarf cichlid category right now.

Culprit

5 Year Member
Thanks for your reply.
Will you be setting up shop again in the near future ?
What do the Agassizii from Peru look like ?

I've got apistogramma cacatuoides fry all the time, but I'm out in dekalb and the parents keep eating them. Aquarium adventure in Hoffman estates occasional has apistogramma cacatuoides and agassizii though

Or there is tropi quatics in Lombard they would at least be able to order you anything. I've never been there personally but I've heard good things from other guys.

Culprit

5 Year Member
Thx for the reply Tails.
I was in Aquarium Adventures last week and they had about 10 juvie cacatuoides for $9 each.
They didn't really catch my eye or specify which type they were.
They did have some cool pencilfish :)

Try the G.C.C.A. website (gcca.com)? they have a trading post that your able to view from the public side. see if someone steps forward as I've done. I am also in a club though, give it a shot and let us know. send me a P.M. as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….