• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ivanacara Adoketa

joopsg

5 Year Member
I am also from Singapore.
My captive bred pair from Taiwan
Male
uploadfromtaptalk1392820238156.jpg

Female
uploadfromtaptalk1392820270505.jpg

joopsg

5 Year Member
Initial stage of putting the pair in 1 tank, the male was chasing the female aggressively. After about a month or so, the aggression went down. Now they are happily in the tank with no tankmates. Had killed all tankmate put in the tank.

Xenaph

Need help,

I have my pair alone in à 55G since 5 months ago. The problem are the male is very very very agressive with his female, he eat all food, he fight and run everytime she try to eat.

What i need to do? Separate both in two différent tank ? What happening next ?

Thank

joopsg

5 Year Member
You can try to put the female into breeding box inside the tank. Let them get used to each other..

Xenaph

At first, i have 8 fish. ( i suppose to have 2 mâle and 6 female)
I kept the dominant pair, i mean only there two fish have dark stripe and always togheter chasing the other.
It possible to mâle change his mind after 4-5 months ?

The female breed 1 Times, all egg are ate by them.

Duffmanj

Sorry to be the one to ask the stupid question, but are you sure they're different sexes and not two females? I'm not too familiar with that species so forgive the question!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I has a male and female who joined together to kill another male. The extra female was quickly removed, in rather rough shape, before they killed her. After that, nothing. They lived together peacefully, displayed a bit, but never spawned in the 3+ years they lived together. Friends but not lovers, I guess.

Xenaph

My fish stay always at same place on the substrat all day long like they sleep...

They eat a little bit...not much. The are like this since 1 month, i dont know why and what to do.

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
These fish, dwarf cichlids for the peak. We can not find this fish in Turkey. I want to make sure that the fish. Congratulations:)...

joopsg

5 Year Member
My first brood of fries from Wild Caught Pair
Watch "Ivanacara Adoketa Fries" on YouTube - Ivanacara Adoketa Fries:

joopsg

5 Year Member
Day 2 of free swimming
Watch "Ivanacara Adoketa Fries" on YouTube - Ivanacara Adoketa Fries:

joopsg

5 Year Member
Did not really test the water.
Using ADA aqua soil, top with sudo cory sand.
Temp: 26- 28
Filtration: Ehiem classic 2215 with ceramic rings, ehiem substrate pro and peat.

joopsg

5 Year Member
Anyone seen this situation? My WC Adoketas fries had been split into 2 nest. One herd by father, another herd by mother. Current tankmates 3 pcs of dwarf pencilfish and 2 pcs of L183 starlight pleco.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….