• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Inca 50

Nain

5 Year Member
Today at the LFS I saw some small Apistos called Inca 50's. Is this species officially described/named yet? What is the actual species name?

3p_afar

How big do the 50's have to be to start breeding? I have a pair and the female is about .75 of an inch and the male is about 1.5 inches. Is there any tips to get them to spawn?

3p_afar

What kinds of food do you feed them? I mostly just feed flake foods. Should I try something else?

cageman

5 Year Member
I hardly ever feed flake food. it is not so as good for your fishes as freezed or live food.
I feed
muskito larves(black and white)
Mysis
artemia
cyclops
water fleas
spirulina
and some more, but I think if you can feed all this you are on the right track.
leave the temperature a while at 26 C for a few weeks and than to 28 C

blueblue

5 Year Member
3p_afar said:
How big do the 50's have to be to start breeding? I have a pair and the female is about .75 of an inch and the male is about 1.5 inches. Is there any tips to get them to spawn?

Adding blackish water and feeding more bbs may help stimulate
them to spawn. ^.^

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….