• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm New!

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Hello,

I am new to this forum but not to fishkeeping! I am a 18 year old looking to breed a nice pair of apistos. In the past I have bred convicts(put 2 together and babies but i thought it was special since i was 10), firemouths, belonesox belizanus(most rare and difficult) and recently kribs. I have one tank in my college dorm room in Duluth and I'm looking to find a nice pair of apistos. I read a few threads that you posted on and figured you know what you are doing. I am apart of minnfish.org and monsterfishkeepers.com and I am friends with many fish enthusiasts and pet stores. My plan is to get a few mentors to help me find a rare pair of apistos that i can breed and bring to the MAS meetings in st paul to hand out and trade. I am very excited to try and breed a new dwarf cichlid so your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

~ Phil

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome along and we hope you find all your answers here, but I'm not sure what your question actually is!

If you do a search maybe your question will have already been answered? If not, let us know what you want to know!

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Thank you!

I dont quite know what i was asking either!! haha jk

I was wondering of a good website to get a nice pair of apistos or other dwarf cichlids.. Or I just need to become closer to the this community and try to find some hobbiest from MN. :)

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! It is very nice to see a young(er) hobbyist these days. Minnesota (especially the cities) is an aquarium hotbed, as you have discovered through the Minfish.org and Minn. Aquar. Soc. There are some pretty dedicated dwarf cichlid enthusiasts form up there active on this forum, and I am sure that you will hear from them.

The sellers in The Trading Place do a good job, and you can feel comfortable ordering from them. I would probably wait until after next week's deep freeze though!

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice folks here with a wealth of knowledge.

You'll love the apistos. They are a fascinating bunch of fish.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
I wrote back like 3 days ago but it must have no worked.

tjudy- Yes I am a very enthused younger hobbiest. Your right about Minnesota being a great place for a fish enthusiast. And you say there are a few Minnesotans that are on here that have apistos? I would love the meet them if they would like :)
And The Trading Place? Never heard of it. I will have to check it out..

Bev N- Yes I love fish forums because there are so many hobbiests that share there knowledge to keep the hobby a success! I just love it! So people who know alot on here, you will have to lead me along! I, as well think apistos are great little fish. I will be trying to get some as soon as I get some time here! Ya know off of college.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes! Come talk to me people of the Midwest and others, I need much help and knowledge on this beautiful dwarf species!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….