• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hikari first bites

Corie Dora

5 Year Member
Hello all,
its been so long since I posted on here, I doubt anyone remembers me!!

I'm still at it with my Cacs...I was trying to breed them in a 10g tank last year and gave up...though I never gave it that much of a try once the eggs hatched.

So, now I've got 2 gorgeous Cacs, and a whole lot of wigglers in my 35 gallon comunity tank. I'd like to try and keep the fry with the parents as long as possible. I've been recommended trying hikari first bites with them, since I don't have the time to do bbs.

Anyone have experience with it?

Corie ;)

fishgeek

mine will mouth it and spit it out
then they do have the option of bbs/microworms/frozen cyclops all of which they prefer

perhaps you may be lucky enough to find some frozen bbs or cyclops otherwise i guess that you may have some more losses and the hungry one's will come through

Corie Dora

5 Year Member
well as it turns out none of the lps's (no specific lfs) here have it anyhow. Luckily, one of them does have frozen bbs, so that'll be the route I'm taking.

My dh is picking the food up for me now. Some of them are starting to hop up off the sand, so I'm going to start them on it tonight. Lucky for the little guys, I work from home, so I'll be able to feed them 10x a day if need be!

thanx for your quick replies
Corie;)

tetraboy

5 Year Member
for what it's worth, I use this brand and my baby cockatoos seem to like it well. They do get more excited about fresh BBS and chopped frozen food. But I have used the Hikari as a staple in their diet and they still eat it. (Most are now about 1cm long -I stopped counting how many weeks old they are). I did feed them liquid fry food when they were at the wiggler stage and for about a week after (mixed w. Hikari and some BBS).

Best of luck! :) :) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….