• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

frozen glory?

Messages
102
Location
Rockville, MD, USA
I have a bottle of scheme flourish that I have been using as inatrucions say. But the I learns the swords & crypts take a lot a nutrients through the roots. So I did some searching and found foot tabs, then dig root tabs where you freeze nutrients and then place them under the roots. Has anyone tried this with sechem flourish. I know that they make root tabs but I don't think they wold work in sand. So anyone tried this or have a prediction of what could happen. I don't want to loose my fish.

Please help.
Thanks
Jonathan
 

ed seeley

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
577
Location
Nottingham, UK
They take nutrients in through the leaves too and also the fertiliser will diffuse into the substrate so you really don't need to do this. In fact adding concentrated salts (as that's mainly what these fertilisers are - various salts containing nitrate, phosphate and other trace elements) in a lump near the roots might cause more problems!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,190
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top