1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

D. foirni on aquabid

Discussion in 'Other South American Dwarf Cichlids' started by finzz, Apr 11, 2018.

1. finzz

finzz New Member 5 Year Member

I've been looking for this species for years and finally there's a six pack of juveniles on Aquabid. Problem is; they're already up to $300 on the first day and if they're anything like D. maculatus, chances are you'll get 6 males.

I'm going to lock my wallet up in the safe.
  2. TCMontium

TCMontium Member

Apparently there was many more, but just the first 2 people on their waiting list bought most of them. (now I wonder, what about the rest of the people on their list? Did they all decide not to buy any or did the seller decide to sell the remaining 6 on aquabid without offering them to the people on their list?)
  3. gerald

gerald Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Maybe Shane can tell you who bought the others? (and maybe you have something else THEY want)!
    Mbkemp likes this.
  4. MickeM

MickeM Active Member

Small specimen of Cr.(Dicross. foirni)sp.R.NEGRO were available here in Europe for the cost of 20Euro/fish .. (a week ago)
    Not much help for you in the U.S. , but an option for all Europeans.. if you have got a store willing to place an order..!!
    https://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/
  5. boofeng

boofeng Member

In Singapore, some stock (juveniles, can't be sexed) was available at about USD 12 each about last month. But they were snapped up pretty quickly And I missed them! :(