• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Built a fish tank stand for 40g Long Aquarium

Joe Gatchell

Here's how it turned out, not staining it until the spring.

40gallontankstandresized200x200.jpg

Joe Gatchell

Looks good! I wish I was as good at carpentry.

Me too! I couldn't have done it without my dad. I brought him the design and we got the supplies and he kind of guided me but let me do most of the work. I'm really proud of it. :) It should hold, the support of the structure is 10 2x4's. I could probably double stack 2 55's on top of it. :)

fish-n-chips

Very impressed Joe! You gotta post pic's when you do stain it. Never did alot of woodwork, Metal/machining is my thing. They both take alot of skill and knowledge though. Hats off to you on a job well done.

Joe Gatchell

Very impressed Joe! You gotta post pic's when you do stain it. Never did alot of woodwork, Metal/machining is my thing. They both take alot of skill and knowledge though. Hats off to you on a job well done.

Thanks! I gotta get a tank on it soon because the kids have decided it is a fun cabinet to play in. I'll be getting the 40g Long for it next weekend. Just waiting for a friend to transfer her stock into her new 75g. I'm trading her a 29 gallon with a stand for the 40g long. I've been looking for the tank secondhand for about 9 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….