• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brichardi small enough?

Jonathan Aquair

5 Year Member
A while ago, I purchased two 65 gal acrylic tanks from aquariumplants.com . They are 36Lx24Wx18T with rounded corners. One is an aquascaped show tank, the other is empty. After a recent remodel in my fish room, I shifted towards aquarium plants (emersed and submerged), but, like you prob. guessed, I can't get over my love for fish! So i was wondering if this tank would be big enough for a colony of N. Brichardi. I have a few other 30 gals i can use for grow out when the tank gets crowded and i plan on renewing my relations with my LFS to sell to them.

Rod

5 Year Member
short answer…Yes

A mate of mine has a 2ft cube set up in his shop with a colony of N brichardi
He had a pile of rocks in the middle and pairs had swarms of fry all around the pile
Spectacular display

You maybe aware…but those not familiar, N brichardi (like multis/similis/Julidichromis) are step breeders
Colonies can have several pairs with several generations of fry…..no need to remove fry unless tank is overcrowded

Jonathan Aquair

5 Year Member
Thanks. Yea I knew they bred in colonies. The whole "work together" behavior is why I would love to get some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….