• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brian Perkins Needs ID on Apistos, Mike help please?

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
Brian Perkins texted me some photos of some Apistos he collected and asked me to please post them here to get some input on what they could possibly be!

Best Regards

Juan Damelines

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I wonder why Brian didn't just email me directly. We have emailed and talked several times in the past. Oh well, based on the first photo, I would say that it is A. sp. Kosho-Kosho/Puerto Maldonado, the same species that he collected with Jeff Cardwell & Vin Kutty a couple of years ago. The other looks like like a species/form from the resticulosa-complex. It's hard to be accurate based on just one photo, but my guess is that it is a very colorful population of A. urteagai.

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
Mike he just txted me and said that your email is in his laptop and not on his phone. he will send you some more pictures once he goes back to lima tomorrow.

Thanks

Juan

Ttw

5 Year Member
The second picture looks like fish I got from Brian a year or so ago. They appeared to be as Mike said a colorful urteagai. They spawned for me once but then I moved and lost them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….