• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Account Project

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
One of the features that would be great to have is a collection of breeding accounts for the dwarf cichlids we are working with. There are usually several ways in which to be successful, so a collection of accounts from different people for the same species would be valuable. Below is an outline for a good, short breeding account. If you are successful with a species, please take some time to submit the information in paragraph form. I will format it and post it in a section of web pages organized by species. If you have pictures... even better! Just submit the account in a text or word document to my email: [email protected]

Breeding Account Outline:

I. Title
A. Species name
a. common names
B. Author name and contact information
(not necessary if you do not want to post contact info)

II. Describe the aquarium
A. Size, shape
B. decor
C. tankmates
D. pair, harem or colony
E. water chemistry parameters

III. Food
A. Normal
B. Conditioning

IV. Spawning
A. Courting behavior
B. Spawning site
C. Time to hatch
D. Time to free swimming

V. Growing the fry
A. Food sequence (first food, second food, etc....)
B. Growth rate
C. Separated from parents
D. Time to 1 inch

VI. Remarks
A. Anything notable or interesting that you want to mention

Rey82

5 Year Member
Count me in!

I have successfully breed three varieties of apistos this year. I haven't kept track of that information but I will now.

Iku

5 Year Member
One of the features that would be great to have is a collection of breeding accounts for the dwarf cichlids we are working with. There are usually several ways in which to be successful, so a collection of accounts from different people for the same species would be valuable. Below is an outline for a good, short breeding account. If you are successful with a species, please take some time to submit the information in paragraph form. I will format it and post it in a section of web pages organized by species. If you have pictures... even better! Just submit the account in a text or word document to my email: [email protected]

Great idea Ted :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….