• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Jacksonville FL

B-Rye

I am relatively new to the fish-keeping hobby, and my journey began with a frog and a paludarium. Over time, I've expanded my collection to include several tanks, and my current focus is on breeding Rams while ensuring the safety of the fry. Recently, I acquired a female Apistogramma, labeled as "chalk blue" in the store, likely belonging to the borellii species according to AI suggestions. She was the sole occupant of her tank, with a damaged eye that tugged at my sympathy, prompting me to bring her home. Currently, my plan involves acquiring a male and another female to complement her in the community tank.

Attachments

• PXL_20231230_145105189.jpg
    PXL_20231230_145105189.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 43

Apistoguy52

Welcome! 100% not borellii with that caudal spot. regani-ish, maybe eunotus/eunotus adjacent with those bars that appear to be split. Curious to see what Mike and Frank have to say.

Jannik

Because of the slight orange coloration on the caudal fin my guess is Apistogramma cf. eunotous (orangetail / orangeschwanz) but at this size it is purely guessing.

Edit: My ID skills are very trashy too, so dont really listen to me when it comes to that .

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
One of the eunotus-subcomplex species. The split in Bar 6 is typical for species in this subcomplex. It's hard to say which from just 1 photo. I've never heard of 'chalk blue' apisto; another made up commercial name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….