• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are these water conditions ok for P.taeniatus?

disruptfam

ph 7.4
kh 4
gh 6

Would that be ok to keep these fish in? Or does the water need to be softer? I will be investing in a RO unit soon but for the time being i will need to use distilled water (bottled) to soften my tap water.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Wild or tank raised taeniatus? And what form?

You should be able to keep any of the taenistus wild or tank raised in that water. Spawns might be male heavy under those conditions though.

P. taeniatus Moliwe ad P. t. Njanja (wild or tank raised) would be my first choice for that water. They are both hardy and colorful forms of taeniatus that seem to be pretty flexible when it comes to water chemistry.

disruptfam

Wild or tank raised taeniatus? And what form?

You should be able to keep any of the taenistus wild or tank raised in that water. Spawns might be male heavy under those conditions though.

P. taeniatus Moliwe ad P. t. Njanja (wild or tank raised) would be my first choice for that water. They are both hardy and colorful forms of taeniatus that seem to be pretty flexible when it comes to water chemistry.

I've got a pair of "kienke" on hold which i will be picking up in a couple days. I'm pretty sure they are wild but will check to be 100%

cheers

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think that you are ok for keeping them happy and healthy. If they breed, however, you will probably have a male-heavy sex ratio.

disruptfam

pH.. I think that temperature plays a part too.

Put the pair in the tank today.. all seems well so far..

They are very pale but im assuming thats due to new tank/surroundings.

Atm they just moving sand around the tank and checking out the cave.

Tried feeding them flakes did not eat the flakes. I have pellets i will try that next.

Whats the best diet for these fish?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(