• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. "Schwarzkehl/Black-throat"

Tom Rudolph

I suppose you know that A. sp. "Schwarzkehl/Black-throat" is closely related to, but not the same species, as A. viejita?

hey,

yes I know.

If i can find a courier i can send you about 50 to Germany

Thanks for your offer. So, the charge for the transport is an important fact. Please contact me, if you have found a courier.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. spec. Schwarzkehl = A. viejita III (Steak/Linke)

But Linke & Staeck were wrong in 1983. Schwarzkehl actually is a species different from A. viejita -just like I was wrong in 1994 when I reported that A. sp. Schwarzkinn was A. juruensis. I am not to proud admit my errors. New information leads to better understanding.

Tom Rudolph

Hey Mike,

thanks for this information. In your opinion A. viejita III (Steak/Linke) is just a wrong indication, too? The right indication for this species is actually A. spec. Schwarzkehl ?

Now we are at the start of our quest again. :-(

Do you have collected some of the real ones? It would be nice if you can give us the newest information about A.mac/A.viejita and their differentiation.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. sp. Schwarzkehl is not a population of A. viejita. It is a completely different species. I once had this species (early 1980s), which appeared as contaminants/bi-catches of Rams from Colombia. Until recently, Schwarzkehl has not been in the hobby. The only known collecting locality for Schwarzkehl are those reported by Linke (1982) and Werner (1992). This locality is a small stream located 3½ mi./6 km outside of Villavicencio toward Restrepo in Colombia. This is in the same drainage as the type locality of A. macmasteri - but in a different system from that in which A. viejita occurs.

Fats

Hi,only just noticed this thread. I also have been lucky enough to own/breed these stunning fish. I no longer have the parents as i passed them on to another breeder but they did leave me with around 300 fry the majority which have now been passed on but i still have around 80-100 ranging from 10mm-30mm. Great fish and very prolific. Hope you dont mind me putting some pics up of mine..albeit not very good ones.

Ian

Female with 2 separate broods
IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

Male(best pics i could get)
IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Young(a bit bigger than this now)
IMG_2061.jpg

Mchw8055

Fries!! where do they go?

hey peeps... i am new here and i have got question to ask... lets say if the apisto spawned. do we remove the parent or remove the fry? and when do we remove it?

ste12000

5 Year Member
hey peeps... i am new here and i have got question to ask... lets say if the apisto spawned. do we remove the parent or remove the fry? and when do we remove it?

You should really start your own threads when asking questions but ill answer it here for now..

I keep my fry in with the parents for as long as possible, usually at around 5-6 weeks the parents are looking to breed again and i remove the fry to give them the space to do so. Each pair is different, some will spawn again after 2 weeks and the older fry need to be removed to prevent predation from the parents. There are many differing senarios but most of the time my pairs guard the fry well for upto 6 weeks.

AndySch

Hi Tom C

a friend of mine will come ton Norway in July,

do you have some subadult fishes for us from these species?

Tom C

5 Year Member
Wasn't it enough with 50 fishes from England?

I have many fish of around 1 cm, I could give you 10-15 of them...

But if your friend is "Jorschi", it will be difficult, as he will arrive Norway at Kristiansand, and go north-west from there.
I live 195 km east of Kristiansand, in the direction towards Oslo...

AndySch

Hi Tom,

we dont have fishes from England, shipping is to difficult, thats why my post here.

loirUh

5 Year Member
truly wonderful Tom, I envy u... i can't get fish with this rarity here in Portugal.

good luck.

Ricardo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….