• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto sp. Tucurui

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I have some of these fish. The females are not looking too interested in spawning right now. I am moving in a month so breeding is not on my mind nor should it be. After I move I am going to try really hard to get these guys going. A lot of people seem to want them and for good reason. They are quite beautiful and are a little different then most other apistos. I will post on this site once I get fry if I do.

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I have eggs! About 40-50 of them. I do not know if they will hatch as my pH is a little high (over 7.0). I wasn't trying to spawn them as I have to move in a month but they had other plans. I will keep everyone updated on these guys. Wish me luck!

fishboy20

5 Year Member
They fungused up again on me. I will try once more after I move with R/O water and maybe even peat. I will keep trying.

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Another day another spawning of tucurui. This time with a different female. We will see if these are any good either.

Aquatico

5 Year Member
How is that spawn doing Fishboy20? Are you able to ship if you get them big?

Thanks!

Don Atkinson

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Nothing came of it, I will see what happens when I can give them the care they need here in a month after I move. Hopefully the R/O water will do them wonders!

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Well I now have both females hovering over eggs at the same time. That has never happened before. Quite a site to see two females bright yellow! The first batch was laid about 2-3 days ago and they are still there. I think they might be viable this time around as they are eyeing up. Yahoo! Finally! The only problem now is that I am moving in less then one month. I have tons of fry from other fish and very little room for more! Guess I will be downgrading on the daphnia cultures and start using their tanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvashave

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….