• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a garbage forum cnfish with a garbage moderator TRD

blueblue

5 Year Member
I always say mainland chinese forums are garbage (don't get confused with forums in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore), here is another example. I am very very very angry!! (They copied my L46 photos, including babies' photos!!) The copier is a moderator of the forum - TRD!!!!!!!!!!

Really a garbage moderator in a garbage forum!!

They even dare print their logo there!! That's really crazy!!

http://bbs.cnfish.com/viewthread.php?tid=258753&extra=page=1

blueblue

5 Year Member
did you inform the members of the forum that the photos are yours and were used without your permission?

andrew

Thanks andrew for your reply.

1. That guy actually stole my photos, put the forum's URL on the photos and described everything as if the photos were from him/her!!!!!! That's ridiculous... i seldom feel so furious but this time, i really feel so...

2. The only way to inform the members of that garbage forum is to be a member of it. I won't do so as i will feel ashamed of myself to be a member of it... anyhow, that guy even dare say in that thread that "s/he will update the development of the L46 babies" .... the fact is: "he will copy and paste my photos there from my posts in forums like here..."

S/he (no, should be "it") is really garbage and this kind of person makes all chinese people lose face !! ....

lab

5 Year Member
How embarrasing for him:eek:

I think you should at least contact the forum. Don't you know anyone who uses the forum? Then it could be done through this person.

Without being a legal expert, I actually think you could demand a compensation. Using other peoples photos and putting another name on them surely can't be legal.

This TRD must indeed be a person low on self esteem, having to boost his confidence with other people's merits.

beleg

5 Year Member
Hmm nothing that surprises me here. I take pictures of military ships , airplanes etc. as a hobby. Some of them are published in defense mags or defence related websites. Some of my pix are somehow stripped of my logo and used in Western & Chinese military sites run by ordinary people. One of Turkeys main defense companies used my photos of their products without informing me first. At least they showed the decency not to remove my logo tho.. :rolleyes:

Its very annoying indeed. Some people are just pathetic. In my experience i have found that the best way to deal is to write a few lines of personal insults to the thief.. Other ways yield no result too, so this leaves at least a bit of self satisfaction. :biggrin:

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks lab for your kind words. Essentially, this kind of mainland chinese forums are all notorious... copying is the tool they used to adopt and we all know that they love copying (many of my old apisto photos should have been copied, and maybe some of the friends' photos here are also copied (but don't worry, 99.9% of those garbage copiers do not know english well and they seldom visit here)).... i feel especially furious is that, they stole my recent photos and made the photos "their photos with their forum's name"... it's just crazy... in the future, i probably need to edit every photo to include my name before posting... sighed...

How embarrasing for him:eek:

I think you should at least contact the forum. Don't you know anyone who uses the forum? Then it could be done through this person.

Without being a legal expert, I actually think you could demand a compensation. Using other peoples photos and putting another name on them surely can't be legal.

This TRD must indeed be a person low on self esteem, having to boost his confidence with other people's merits.

fishgeek

i would join and post a link to the original stolen thread
explain the situation and let the thief lose some face infront of the user's he is lying to

andrew
then again you may be more karmic than i and just let it ride

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
This is a problem with digital media; it's so easily stolen. I do not understand why these people do this. Virtually every person that I have ask permission to use their photos have been more than happy to oblige. Maybe your most prized photos should only be used on the internet after they have your name embossed across the fish. The interested hobbyist can still see the fish, but the thief will have one devil of a time removing the embossed lettering. I know if I could take decent photos, that is what I would do before showing them on any open forum.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Let's all join and keep saying how we saw those pics elsewhere and they can't be his fish...... Let's get banned together!:eek:

Marc

5 Year Member
Hi BlueBlue,

a good first procedure for every digital picture, is to watermark them. Good watermarks cannot be deleted and they are a good evidence about the real copyrights. There is some interesting watermark-freeware available.

Second, it is possible to add an jpg-comment and additional infos at the IPTC-Data, even as a batch process over a complete pile of pictures. My favorite software fir this is "Irfanview". Absolutely free, multiple languages are supported and very powerfull.

Maybe that help a little. It is a shame.

Regards
Marc

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I gave up trying to stop people from stealing photos. There is really not a lot that anyone can do. If I have a shot that I know is destined for print publication, I do not put it on the web.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….