• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Baenschi & Blue Rams in ~25G

warbyd

5 Year Member
Howdy all,

Got another quick question on stocking... I currently have a pair (no breeding yet though *mutters* anyone in Aus. got a spare baenschi female?) of A. Baenschi in a ~25G tank (roughly 36x12" footprint) with 6x neon tetras, 1x ~6cm Bristlenose and 1x yoyo loach (who is coming out tonight or tomorrow.. introduced him to control a snail outbreak..)

The tank is moderately planted and has lots of caves, several flat rocks & an open swimming area.

My question is, would it be feasable to include a pair of german blue rams in there? One of the LFS in my area has some *STUNNING* rams available that I'd love to get, but I've only got the one soft water tank and the boss won't allow another...

Cheers for your input,

Dave

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. baenschi can be quite aggressive. Your tank should be large enough if it is properly decorated. Just don't expect the rams to breed successfully in it.

warbyd

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply here too Mike heh... I spoke to the LFS about those rams again this morning and apparently the supplier is out of stock of the stunners and not sure when they'll be getting that quality again, so I'll just keep on keeping on for now :)

-Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….