• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 weeks from buying

naggur

5 Year Member
Hey there!

now there is about 2 weeks from my first asian form buy and lucky for me they are still alive. how ever I've notish that they really need bigger tank so thay can bread. ( I still have this da** 2g tank) and 2 more females. I wonder is there any change that bolivan ram and asian form can cross bread or is it totaly out of the quizzzzz. it whould be funny to se the result of that mix. ( not recomended).

how many fem should I get for 1 male? 2, 3, 4?

scott

5 Year Member
as mike said, ramirezi and altispinosa won't cross breed. as for your question about how many females, i keep rams as pairs 1m/1f . if the tank is not very large you will end up with only the pair anyway as the dominant pair will surely kill off the others.

naggur

5 Year Member
so I cant have an orgi in my tank :frown: I'll try anyway tho ( just to be sure some of them will spawn for the new shop that is gona buy fry from me)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joen714

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(