• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do now?

MacZ

Beautiful! They have plenty of hiding places and spots where they can't see each other so they should be OK for a while longer...
I think so, too. Maybe it works out long term. I have them here for 4 months now and at least at the moment it looks like they are indeed here to stay.

Mazan

Yes I was thinking after I posted that I should have added... if not indefinitely...

MacZ

A few days ago I did a rare thing (at least for me): Taking pictures with flash.
The fish hate it. So I made it a quick one. Now being able to see the patterns better I'm not much wiser about the provenience of the fish, though. :D

IMG_20220511_134838.jpg

IMG_20220511_134845.jpg IMG_20220511_135002.jpg 20220511_135449.jpg
20220511_135612.jpg 20220511_135926.jpg 20220511_140002.jpg
20220511_140132.jpg

Mazan

Hmmm I see what you mean, its very difficult, now they possibly look more like the Orinoco ones???

Samala

Somehow I never noticed what looks to be a palm frond in the tank. Do you know what type of palm it came from? How has it held up over time? Any obvious downsides to it?

Tempted to add some saw palmetto to my tank along with the oak and magnolia.

MacZ

Somehow I never noticed what looks to be a palm frond in the tank. Do you know what type of palm it came from? How has it held up over time? Any obvious downsides to it?
Indeed palm fronds, but I have no idea what species. A friend's mother has some palms in her greenhouse and gave me the dried up dead fronds. Only thing I know is, they are non-toxic and she doesn't use pesticides or insecticides of any kind on her plants.
No downsides or problems. They take about 5 months before they fall apart.

Tempted to add some saw palmetto to my tank along with the oak and magnolia.
Do it. :) Morichales are a great biotope.

Mazan

Yes, it looks good, with more open swimming room now you have the tetras. How many pencilfish are there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….