• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB in England

Drammy

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I am new to the forum so hello to everyone. I have recently bought a pair of Agassizii which have just spawned for the first time.

I am interested in other apistogramma species and was wondering if anyone could recommend any breeders or anywhere I can buy good / wild stock within the UK...

Any help appreciated,
Drammy

dw1305

5 Year Member
A. cacatuoides

Hi Drammy,
W here are you in the UK?
Microman is in Oswestry (Shrops) and he is a breeder of a wide range of the more tricky Apisto's. Steve is in Chester (Ste1000 on EBay) and he has some top quality tank bred fish as well, they're both on this forum.

I'm near Bath , but I only keep A. cacatuoides at present and I don't post, I've got plenty of double red sub adults you can have if that's any good to you.

Some of the better LFS sell a range, ones I know of around here are - Parkers in Bristol, the Old forge in Devizes. I'd quarantine any shop bought ones very carefully as it was from Czech bred A. "Blue-Steel" that I got Camallanus worms.

There are also Trimar, "Wildwoods", Wholesale Tropicals etc. but I've never been in any of them.

cheers Darrel

firetank

5 Year Member
Trimar will post have had Apistos and other dwarf species off them no problem ;

have to recommend Mark B though for top notch wilds, and Steve is also a bit of an breeding expert....

cheers
Craig

Drammy

5 Year Member
Thanks guys!

I'm based in Leeds but my missus is from Chester so we head over there quite frequently. Ste has helped me on the PFK forum with a couple of questions...

I'll check into the other names mentioned, cheers!

Drammy

dw1305

5 Year Member
Genuine Steel Blue pairs for sale £11 UK

HI Drammy,
Best of luck, I'm sure Ste will be able to sort you out.

I called in a local "out of town" department store today, and they had "Apistogramma borellii" for sale at £11 a pair.

Not great if you wanted, A. borellii because they were "Blue-steel", but there was at least 7 females in about 20 fish.

If anyone is interested the shop is "Leekes" in Melksham, and the fish looked quite healthy.

cheers Darrel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….