• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Apistogramma Order

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm still waiting for the fish to make it to Milwaukee. They made it into the country-the bitaeniata orange were out so I'm getting standard bitaeniata instead.

I'll post the resuts late tonight or sometime tomorrow morning.

Also, I'm having trouble getting on this site right now for some reason so emailing me at aquaticclarity at hotmail dot com may be the best route to reach me.

Jeff

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
WOW!

Nothing can cover the shipment but WOW!

320ish Apistos with less then 10 DOA's.

BIG BEAUTIFULL MATURE COLORED fish!!!

Only the baenschi will be tough to sex and I only got 1/2 of them. The other bag of "baenschi" are not baenschi. I.D. to follow once they settle in. It was just a wrong bag in the box issue as they were the only bag in the order that didn't come with a label. So the baenchi will be selling out fast-if they aren't all sold out already.

Bunnie1978

I perfer either 3 pairs or two trios... either way is fine!! Actually probably pairs would be better for the cactuiodes.

Are they mixed colors?

animalmgc

5 Year Member
but since I was on order for 6 baenschis of them we will be good on those

and are the agassizis identifable

and if possible can I get a 2 male 4 female of each the aggies and the baenschis

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I perfer either 3 pairs or two trios... either way is fine!! Actually probably pairs would be better for the cactuiodes.

Are they mixed colors?

"Normal" wild type color-brown/grey body with orange tipped dorsals and a few males with a few red spots in the upper portion of the caudal (tail). These are not the blue form.

I forgot just how nice a wild cactouides male looks with the lyretail filaments that are thin and long. Much prettier then the thick/stocky extentions on a domestic cacactouides in my opinion.

I should be able to pull trios for you but be ready for a "sneaker" male among the females as a few of the fish could go either way in terms of male/female based on their current looks.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
but since I was on order for 6 baenschis of them we will be good on those

and are the agassizis identifable

and if possible can I get a 2 male 4 female of each the aggies and the baenschis
Sexing the aggies is no problem-again, really nice full colored males. The batch even looks a little female heavy. It is the only species that came in looking a little shaky though. I'll give them all the attention I can and hope for the best outcome with them. I'll get photos up in the next few days after everything settles in but they have nice red dorsals with a metallic blue body. I don't like to attach a location/color form to a wild fish that I don't have detailed collection info on though.

I'll get your baenschi :wink: But based on preorders I don't think I'll have any extra to sell with getting just 20 of them in instead of the 40 I expected. They're a little tough to sex. I can pick out one or two males but these came in the smallest of everything by far. Still a spawnable young adult size-just harder to tell the females form young males.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
OH, and can you give us an updated list of what isn't already sold?

I won't know for sure what I have until I see how everything settles in-just in case something crashes. But as of right now I have extras to sell of everything (incluiding the mystery apisto.) with the exception of the baenschi. The preorders for baenschi have claimed all of them so unless you contacted me in advance about that fish consider them not avaliable.

If these fish hold up-and they look REALLY REALLY good-I'll place an order for more apistos in a few weeks after I move some fish out to open more tanks up. If baenschi are avaliable again I'll get more of them.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I found the rest of the baenschi!

One of the two outer bags of baenschi was labeled apache and one of the bags of apache wasn't labeled at all.

So all I have to do is pull 20 baenschi out of the tank of apache and move them in with the other 20 baenschi and then combine the two tanks of apache...easier said then done but really not that hard. At least telling the two species apart is pretty easy.

So I do have some baenschi for sale beyond those that are presold.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
A few pictures as a teaser...

agassizii random male
agassiziimale.jpg

average male cacatouides (one or two have a red dot in the tail)
averagecaca.jpg

male cacatouides with orange gill/breast area
averageworangecaca.jpg

exceptional male cacatouides (sorry, but I'm keepig this one!)
execptionalcaca.jpg

All the cacatouides are in the same tank and from the same batch. I LOVE seeing the natural variation this species has!

I'll get more pictures (and hopefully better quality ones) up soon.

Bunnie1978

I think I want a few of the inkas too... or maybe the aggawhatevers, or the other ones... They are all so pretty and cool!!

animalmgc

5 Year Member
pics of the baenschi pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't care how you do it but yes they are AWESOME LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and are all the agassizis blue form

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
pics of the baenschi pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't care how you do it but yes they are AWESOME LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and are all the agassizis blue form

It looks like all of the male agassizi are blue-some more then others but that is most likely an age/dominance thing. Some of the females even have some really nice color with some metalic spotting.

The baenschi pics will have to wait until tomorrow. I was out and now the fishroom lights are off for the evening. The baenschi are the least mature of all the Apistos that came in today so don't expect much. I could post some pics of a large dominat male I had a few years ago though :biggrin:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….