• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water change question

RiC

5 Year Member
Hello all,
My female agassizi has been raising fry for two days. The 20g where they are should have its water changed tomorrow (I go 25% per week, last time was last Friday). However, I always have pH fluctuations when I do my water changes (it's around 6.0-6.1 and has a tendancy to go up to 6.4) and I was wondering if I would be better off waiting for a couple of days; I'm just concerned that the fry could be affected by a sudden change in water parameters, should it occur.
Thanks for any imput!

Fatts

5 Year Member
How about doing smaller changes more often. Maybe change 15% today and another 15% tomorrow (or the day after). I look at it that more is better with water changes. I do about 33% every other day.

Woody

5 Year Member
Keep up with your regular water changes if it does not stress out the female. I have a few pairs that are use to it and they just move the fry to the opposite end of the tank when I am in there.
I refill the aquarium using a piece of airline tubing, it takes an hour or so but the water is added slowly and there is no drastic flucuations in the water parameters.

Woody

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
IF your ph changes on sitting, why not age your water first, then what you add shouldn't change from what is in the tank. I use aged water on fry for my rams and angels with no problems and have few day old cockatoo fry that I've done 50% w/c on for the past 3 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….