• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waiting apistogramma...

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
Hello!

I am new to this forum and I want to show to you my 60l tank.
I tried to recreate some apistogramma biotope tank. There is no apistogramma yet in the tank - I am hoping to get apistogramma cacatuoides "triple red" or apistogramma agassizii "fire red" 1m+1-2f.
Now in the aquarium swim - 3 corydoras, 3 ancistrus sp (2-3cm long - 1-2 going out when they grow) and 8 glowlight tetras
Tank is 60l, sand 0,3-0,6mm, stones, mangrove tree, oak leaves and branches from grape vine (Vitaceae.).
Light 11w, fiter internal Eheim pickup 2012.

Any sugestion is welcome!

Cheers!

Sasa

Link to see photos:

http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/ZliBrka/?action=view&current=P6300129.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1027.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy331%2FZliBrka%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP6300129.jpg%26

Dzo

5 Year Member
Very nice biotope Sasa,
It is almost identical as some SA river and stream pictures I have seen before... The Tank has quite some height, seem like prepared for discus too?

Dzo

5 Year Member
Very nice biotope Sasa,

It is almost identical as some SA river and stream pictures I have seen before... The Tank has quite some height, seem like prepared for discus too?

Pozdrav

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
Very nice biotope Sasa,

Pozdrav

Thanks Dzo!

Tank is only 60l and I think that is too small for discus, maybe when I buy a bigger tank. Hopefully soon!

Pozdrav!

Sasa

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
This is latest and last video of this setup:

[video=youtube;kS3GC1Dd1Ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3GC1Dd1Ls[/video]

It is all moving to biger setup.

henkh

5 Year Member
Very nice setup. What's not quite clear in the pics and movie is if there's enough caves and hiding places for apisto's. Despite the wood/stones/branches it looks quite open.

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
Very nice setup. What's not quite clear in the pics and movie is if there's enough caves and hiding places for apisto's. Despite the wood/stones/branches it looks quite open.

You don't see it on the video but there is more than enough hiding space for 1 par of apistogramma.
Also, normaly there is thicker leaf litter, but I did not putt some more leaves because my plan is to move all of the fish to some biger aquarium. Hopefully it will have better and nicer setup.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….