• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uknown Apisto

G

gringa_54

Hey guys, I am new here and I am looking for someone to be able to tell me what kind of apisto I have come to own, I got these guys for free, so I have no clue as to what they are...I have 2 one is larger than the one in the pic, and he is a little more agressive as well, he has been moved to a separate tank...these are the best pics I have been able to get of the little guy...the people that I got them from thought that they were borelli'sbut I have owned borellis and I know that they aren't...at least I don't believe...well here are the pics...
mysteryfish008.jpg

mysteryfish009.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The 3rd & 4th photos show a split Bar 6 (next to last bar on caudal peduncle), below the lateral band. This feature is diagnostic of many eunotus-complex species. Unfortunately the photos are not clear & I cannot see if there is any pattern on the tail fin. My guess right now is that it is A. cf. eunotus (Orange-tail/Orangeschwanz) (A75).

G

gringa_54

well thanks for the help...I had some pretty good suspicions that it was a eunotus...now I am going to focus on looking for a mate for him

G

gringa_54

Well mematrix the black markings do look pretty much the same...but my male looks more like the pics of eunotus than anything...but thanks for your opinion! :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….