• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The STORE is open!... First issue - SHIPPING BAGS

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D
Hi All!

Thanks to the hard work of Neil the store is open. For the time being I have simply placed in it stuff I have. If there is anything on it we do not want, I will remove it.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you have about a specific item at [email protected].

Here is something I want to improve upon: SHIPPING BAGS

I like and use 6x20 2 mil bags for fish and small plants. I also use a large side-gusset bag as a box liner that is cheaper than a bottom gusset bag. I think that the store should carry more bags, so let's get a list going of what sizes we should carry.

I also need some help... who manufactures a wide variety of bottom gusset bags? Most places I have looked into carry a couple, but most are not square bottom. I would like to find something in the range of 8x8x20...

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)

I looked at the prices for 4 mil bags. They are more than twice the price of 2 mil bags of the same size when shipping costs are taken into account. 1000 7x20 2mil bags have a shipping weight of 20 pounds, while 1000 4 mil bags of the same size have a shipping weight of 38 punds.

When it all totals out, 7x20 2 mil bags will cost about 7 cents each (plus shipping), and 4 mil bags of the same size will cost 15 cents each (plus shipping). If you double bag, regardless of mil, the 2 mil bags are the cheaper way to go.

Splitting the difference and going with 3 mil bags might be a better choice if we are looking for higher mil bags. I use 2 mil and double bag.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

Veripak is a good company. The are retail, however, and the price is good for a retail customer looking to purchase 1000 bags. I use a couple bag producers and wholesalers where I still have to buy them in 1000 lots, but I get a better price.

Thanks!

farm41

5 Year Member
We have a couple of packaging company's that send their catalogs to my farm. I'm going to look to see if it's in trash yet.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
I went and looked at veripack again.... I must have been thinking of someone else. Their prices are not bad. Shipping on bags is usually pretty high, but not from Veripack for some reason (to me anyway). Their boxes cost quite a bit more to ship though.. that tells me that they are drop shipping from two different places.

I know that there is a wide difference of opinion as to the size of bags people want. I happen to like long and thin bags such as 6x20 (because I... 8O ... am a knotter!!!).

Rich has expressed an interest in 8x20, or something near it. Think we should collect a list of preferences and then post a poll?

I still do not have a decent source for square bottom (bottom gusset) bags. Anyone know where to get them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….