• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pirate Ship

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Ok so I’ve been using them about a year now and yes the prices are low, but for a reason. Here is the literal way you should expect to be treated.

So I’ve had delivery issues with things getting delayed and really hurts my small business. I just was told we helped you once before by giving me a credit based on the fact that I didn’t get what I paid for an that your company policy is basically a big oh well then it just makes me start using shippo. I don’t expect anything just can’t understand if you pay a premium price for specific delivery before a certain time and it’s not even getting delivered today is unacceptable. I wouldn’t ever treat my customers this way and it’s like companies can sell or claim anything. Take your money and then do whatever they want. Just severely disappointed as I’m sure you would be too if this happens to you and your small business. “

“Ahoy Casey!

Ben had to swim to shore, but I'm here to help

Firstly, I want to apologize for your late shipment. It's always disappointing to see these shipments (especially Next Day Air shipments), not arrive by their estimated delivery dates.

Our rates here on Pirate Ship are super cheap. This is because of our partnership agreements with UPS and USPS. Part of this agreement states that, because we are already providing such large discounts for these shipments, UPS will not provide a delivery-date guarantee for their expedited shipments upon late delivery. Since we have educated you on this matter in the past, unfortunately, we will not be able to offer you a credit for this shipment. I'm so sorry about that

In the future, if you'd rather ship with a service that does come with that money-back guarantee, I'd suggest using USPS's "Priority Mail Express" service. This is the only service on our platform that comes with this guarantee.

Again, I'm so sorry for the trouble with this, and I wish you the best of luck in your future shipping endeavors.

Don't hesitate to cast us a line if you have any questions at all We're always happy to help

RegaARRRRRRds,
Anthony the Off-Shore Boar“

“This was all sprung on me today. Don’t worry I won’t be back. This is a huge deal if I can’t supply my products to customers on time. In this case it was an order to myself I waited all day for it when I could’ve spent valuable time with my son. Thanks for not caring and showing your true colors. I see now why you’re pirates. I’ll be sure to post this on every forum I can think of. Thanks for the written communication as it’ll be an easy copy paste :). It’ll definitely hurt more than to do the right thing and take care of your loyal customers who typically use you 1-15times a week. Enjoy the honest reviews.”

they will sell you and charge you for certain times of delivery but will not stand by it. This is extremely important to customers. Better off building your own business account with ups and gradually bringing prices down based on volume. If ups promises a delivery date and time which in this instance neither will be on time then they would refund entire shipping costs since I paid for overnight and hopefully will be getting 2 day.

On Nov 1, 2023, at 12:53 PM, Ben from Pirate Ship <[email protected]> wrote:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The old adage holds true, "you get what you pay for". My wife knits socks, sweaters, hats, etc that get donated to various refugee organizations around the world. She uses Pirate Ship when mailing her good to the central collection agent. Since there is no time requirement it works fine for her and is less expensive. If time is a priority, then you just have to pay for it elsewhere.

MacZ

Honestly... using such a service which is basically "reselling" the services of another company is always a gamble. Now posting this everywhere and even telling them you do it... 1. Not going to change anything. 2. They might sue you for damages to their name and 3. You have too much time on your hands to post it, haven't you? I can get you're angry, but man, that's a behaviour I'd expect from my 16 year old cousin, not from an adult.

But that's what you get in a country with so little market regulations...

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Honestly... using such a service which is basically "reselling" the services of another company is always a gamble. Now posting this everywhere and even telling them you do it... 1. Not going to change anything. 2. They might sue you for damages to their name and 3. You have too much time on your hands to post it, haven't you? I can get you're angry, but man, that's a behaviour I'd expect from my 16 year old cousin, not from an adult.

Honestly if you’re going to just bash someone for providing useful information to others who use this service then save your energy please and just shut up. If you have nothing to contribute than your political views or views on how other businesses do business which is so unrelated then also shut up. No one cares about your opinion I’m trying to let others who use this service know what policy is and how they will be treated. To just hop on and bash me for trying to help other people is just sad. Obviously you have too much time on your hands maybe get a life or do something worthy of your time.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club

I appreciate that and was only posting just to show others that I know for a fact use their service what to expect is all. You nailed it though however it’s so hard to compete with people using discounted services vs paying full price which is what you said. You get what you pay for. Also keep in mind there are many others that equally provide this service so I will be happily change.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Honestly if you’re going to just bash someone for providing useful information to others who use this service then save your energy please and just shut up. If you have nothing to contribute than your political views or views on how other businesses do business which is so unrelated then also shut up. No one cares about your opinion I’m trying to let others who use this service know what policy is and how they will be treated. To just hop on and bash me for trying to help other people is just sad. Obviously you have too much time on your hands maybe get a life or do something worthy or your time. I can have an opinion. As can you but the difference is yours is t to help others yours is just to bash others trying to help people. Why not be helpful??

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
The old adage holds true, "you get what you pay for". My wife knits socks, sweaters, hats, etc that get donated to various refugee organizations around the world. She uses Pirate Ship when mailing her good to the central collection agent. Since there is no time requirement it works fine for her and is less expensive. If time is a priority, then you just have to pay for it elsewhere.
I completely get it. I was just trying to let the mannnnny people who use this service to cut costs to understand what will happen. That’s it. You’re absolutely right you get what you pay for and that’s true but to be competitive you also need to k ow what competition does. Fair?

MacZ

It's not THAT you wanted to warn people, it's the HOW.

A quick "Listen people, I had some bad experience with this company, XYZ happened. Be warned." in a more matter-of-fact fashion without incriminating yourself would have been completely fine.

That's all. Don't make it your personal revenge story, those have backfired more times than you can count.

Apistoguy52

Given that delivery time guarantees were suspended for most of the last 3 years by FedEx/UPS at full price, I’ll gladly ship 3rd party for half the price with the “service” I’ve grown accustomed to over the last few years

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
It's not THAT you wanted to warn people, it's the HOW.

A quick "Listen people, I had some bad experience with this company, XYZ happened. Be warned." in a more matter-of-fact fashion without incriminating yourself would have been completely fine.

That's all. Don't make it your personal revenge story, those have backfired more times than you can count.
How can you warn someone without some type of anecdote. I started the conversation simply with this just happened to me. Then quoted them saying exactly what they said and finished by stating I will not be back. If you want to sum it up.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Given that delivery time guarantees were suspended for most of the last 3 years by FedEx/UPS at full price, I’ll gladly ship 3rd party for half the price with the “service” I’ve grown accustomed to over the last few I’ve gotten refunded if it’s minutes late by ups

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
I’ve personally been refunded by ups for being days late. Same with usps. But it does come down to whether or not they’re gonna mess up more times than you’ll save by using them. I’m just going to try a different one personally. Hope my experience helps people make their own decision. Nothing more. Weird you post an experience to help and out of the cracks just come trolls haha. Sooooo many on this site it’s insane! I’m done responding. Rather spend my time elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….