• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

STORE UPDATE - December promotions are here.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

I just got the information on December promotions from the manufacturers. There are only a few things that are of real interest (IMO).

Here they are. What we need is FEEDBACK. If there is something on this list that we would like to see available in the store, we need to discuss it. Because of the holiday season, I am only planning one order, so we need to make it count (if we want anything at all).

Tetra - all Whisper power filters are 30% off; all TetraTec power filters and accesories are 25% off

I am not a big Tetra hardware fan, and I do not use power filters except to remove medications with carbon.

Aquarium Systems - All Mini-jet and Micro-jet pumps are 30% off.

I am not very familiar with these pumps; however, I am looking for an alternative to the Rio mini-90 power head to run CO2 reactors. The Rio is the perfect size, and it has excellent attachments that make it very versitile. Anyone know anything about the Micro-jet 320 pump? The price would be very nice... $14.50.

Hagan - Fluval cannister filters are 35% off. Here are the prices I think we can go with:
104 - $60
204 - $70
304 - $90
404 - $120
I would really appreciate doing the Fluvals on a special order basis. They represent a lot of cash to lay out and keep in inventory. If you are interested, please let me know.

Hagan aquaclear mini power filters are also on. They would be $18.00.

FROZEN FOOD - OK... I am willing to give it a TRY. I have never shipped frozen before. I have access to some medical supply shipping styros that are really thick, and I can use ice packs. This is another item that I would like to try on a special order basis for at least the first ime around. If it turns out to be easy, I can stock it for you as the sales come along.

Hikari - all 3.5 oz cube packs are on sale at 30% off. It is probably not worth shipping to get less than 10 packs; but we can probably mix and match. Here are the prices per 3.5 oz pack:
bloodworm, brine, daphnia, plankton, krill, mysis - $2.25
tubifex - $2.50

Ocean Nutrition AquaYums - blood worms 30% off
3.5 oz ?cubes? - $2.25
4 oz flat - $2.25
7 oz ?cubes? - $3.35
8 oz flat - $3.75
16 oz (availability is suspect) - no price given, I have to call and check

That's it. Nothing else new on the wires right now.

We are down to 50 cans of 90% HR brine eggs. That's ten cans gone in less than a week. $20 a can....

Neil

Aquarium Systems - All Mini-jet and Micro-jet pumps are 30% off.

The AS maxi-jet power heads are my personal choice. They are fully submersable and seem to be more durable than many of the others. The Rios are supposed to be good too, but I don't know much about them, except that there are some complaints about them amoung reefkeeper. Too noisy maybe? AS would be a good line to stick with IMO.
What size are the mini and micro? Those may be ideal for our purposes - small tanks, not too much current.
Neil

Orchid

5 Year Member
I absolutely love the Aquarium Systems powerheads, I like them a whole lot more than Haagan's powerheads. I've never used a micro-jet, but if they're anywhere as good as the maxi-jets (of which I have several), then go for it! I have been using two maxi-jets since 1998 and have never had a prob with them-same impeller and still very quiet.

In the powerhead world, Rios suck. They tend to overheat, they are noisy. My cousin lost his reef from his Rio overheating, and a local fellow reef keeper had some reef damage from his Rio doing the same thing. None of the local reef keepers in the local club ever use them because of their high rate of overheating.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)

I need to verify the flow rates on the AS powerheads, though I imagine the numbers can give an indication.

Here is how the prices would come out on them based upon this current sale. Suggested retail is in perentheses:

mini-jet 404 - $13.00 ($24)
mini-jet 602 - $16.50 ($32)
micro-jet 320 - $14.50 ($26)
micro-jet 450 - $16.00 ($30)

The Duetto DJ Internal filters are also on for 30% off. I have some fluval internal filters that I like for plant tanks. Flow rate is low and I can use them to diffuse CO2. I do not know a thing about the Duetto. If it is physically smaller than the Fluval, then I would probably like it. he prices on the Duettos woud be:

DJ-50 - $16.50 ($32)
DJ-100 - $20.00 ($39)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….