• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Species Profiles?

herpchat

5 Year Member
What happened to the Species Profiles?

I have been thinking about obtaining some of the ones you all did not have profiles on and profiling them.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I can put the profiles back up, but according to the statistics for the site they are very underutilized. I took them down because 1) they are not being increased and I do not have the time to do it, 2) after months of waiting no one else has done any, and 3) the forum looks cleaner without the left hand menu bar

herpchat

5 Year Member
Well a link to them somewhere would be nice.

I did use them when I was looking for Apisto species but like I said earlier I like these guys. They will not replace my wild bettas but from now on there will always be space for them in my fish room.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I turned the profiles off again. This time it is a bandwidth issue. I got a notification that our bandwidth allotment for the month is already at 80%. If we hit 100% the site stops working until April. Turning off the profiles is the fast, easy and cheap way to reduce bandwidth usage.

georgedv

5 Year Member
Ted,
How is bandwidth measured and used? I am asking because maybe if we knew we could follow some guide lines to avoid wasting bandwidth.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Basically, anytime a page loads from teh forum onto a computer the amount of information transferred is measured in bandwidth. Images eat up bandwidth. What I need to do is reload smaller, lower resolution (though it will not really affect the way the image appears on screen) images on the profiles so that when the load they eat up less bandwidth. I am back to working full time now, however, so that is not going to happen very soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….