• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So what exactly is the right kh...

ginnie5

5 Year Member
for apistos? With all the talk and trying to figure this out on top of having a shipment of plants being help at ups :-( my brain is shutting down! They can't deliver because of the weather...15 miles max. But this could come from Florida to Columbia SC to Greensboro NC no problem. They won't even let me come and pick it up tomorrow. FEd Ex all the way next time!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:) UPS states that they do not ship live fish or plants. I use UPS for all dry goods I ship, but generally stick to Priority Mail for plants and FedEX for fish.

Randall

5 Year Member
KH for Apistos

Dear Ginnie,

Appropriate KH for apistos can very from species to species. Generally, I think KH levels of 2-3 works for many species, but cacatuoides and borellii prefer more alkaline water, therefore a slightly higher KH level; while agassizii, the nijsenni group et al., prefer more acidic water, necessitating lower KH levels.

Good luck with your shipping woes.

Randall Kohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….