• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sand color

Don cheech

Hey l am planning to set up for a pair of cacatuoides and wanted to know what would show off their colors more black or white sand

MacZ

Does not compute. Fish adapt to dark environments with dark colours and to bright environments with washed out bright colours, trying to blend in in any direction. So toss the idea of the colours having to look a certain way.
In their natural habitat most species encounter bright sand topped with a good layer of dark leaf litter. That's what I got here and the fish look good. Provide good conditions and the colours follow suit. The most important thing is their wellbeing. If that means they look brown and unconspicious, that's allright in my book.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….