• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reverse osmosis options

Tedstank

5 Year Member
I purchased an APEC Counter Top R/O system and have been pleased...it produces approx 7 gallons an hour. As I get more tanks, I will go with something larger and faster, but again, the countertop has done the job for me. @ approx $250.00, 2 years ago....prices may have come down a bit.

Ttw

5 Year Member
Try Backtonaturefiltration.org. I have used his unit for years and have been satisfied with the quality and the pricing. Also lots of options.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I use a Spectapure 90 gal/day system. Knowing your hard/salty water, I think a back flush adapter would be well worth owning. It would extend the life of your R/O membrane considerably.

Mud Pie Mama

5 Year Member
I mail-ordered mine from Buckeye Field Supply. Their prices were very reasonable, and I had several referals from members @ The Planted Tank Forums.

Their "Premium Series" come with the popular accessories installed, like a back flush, pressure gauge and temperature strip; yet still beat the price of many competitors:
http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showproducts.asp?Category=164&Sub=103

I found their FAQ pages (tab at the top of the webpage) was very helpful to me in understanding what I needed. But, I also still had a question about flow regulators, when I called they were very friendly, and easily provided answers.

I think I've had my unit for three years now.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
www.airwaterice.com has some good sets for the price including built-in backflush, in line TDS meter and a hand held EC/TDS meter all included in various capacities.

Some eBay sellers have some really good deals.
I have been watching because i figure I will need a new and higher capacity RO unit soon.

Away from the big on-line fish supplies sellers and well known aquarium brands the prices on RO units have been dropping quite a bit over the past few years.

grumpy55

5 Year Member
Is the deionization canister required ?

Mike,

I have my own well, so I don't have to worry about clorine or chloramines.
I the DI canister necessary ?

Larry

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I don't think that a DI unit is absolutely necessary. My unit has a place for one and I even have cartridges for it, but I don't really need pure water (0 ppm). Since you are on a well, make sure you get a R/O membrane specifically designed for wells that aren't chlorinated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….