• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proper introduction

XJfella95

Hello everybody. My name is Brandon and I wanted to finally introduce myself properly. I live in south central Pa in a small town of Adamstown. Which is just south of Reading and north of Lancaster.

Last winter I got the blues and finally decided to kick my apisto urge and build a custom tank which sits on my coffee table. It's 15 gallons and has a tank area of 30" X 12" X 10". It has a build in surface skimmer and a wet-dry filter in the back.

After a year of having it set up and keeping silver tip, flame tetras, a pitbull sucker and a reticulated hillstream loach. I ran across what was labeled as a male and female Panduro pair. Turns out the female is a double red cac..... :/. I didn't know any better when buying these be use I was just excited that my lfs had apistos in stock.

Anyway. I went to a distant lfs last Friday night looking for was was labeled as a double red cac. Male. Turns out to be an aggi and purchased him anyway.

Now I have a panduro male, Aggi male and a cac female. I know there is an issue with the water perameters between the panduro and the other two. But they all seem to be doing great at 6.9pm and what I would guess to be 3gh.

The only thing I see is the panduro is aggressive. To the point that he messes with the peace of my tank and I'm thinking about trading him in and finding a male double red. What do you guys think?

Here are some pics.

Panduro and cac. Night of arrival.
c45edf84.jpg

Panduro a week and a half later
d10e6536.jpg

Seeking stray glass worms at surface
8b2646a8.jpg

Aggi in lfs night of purchase.
b9358656.jpg

Aggi less than a week later
3655798f.jpg

a467f397.jpg

The tank
ee295ab3.jpg

528b4faa.jpg

399ebcc2.jpg

So far you guys have been a great help and I hope sometime I get to return the favor

Regards
-Brandon

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….