• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible to overfeed mosquito larvae?

bseitz234

Hi all-

I had a spare 10gal that I left outside for the first part of the summer, but decided to set it up and make it home for a new pair of apistos. It accumulated a bit of rainwater, and now that it's full, the tank is full of mosquito larvae. I'm wondering, if I put a pair of apistos in there, if they'll overeat? Usually we limit what they eat for water quality conditions, but since in this case the food will continue living happily if it doesn't get eaten, I'm not sure that applies. If they just eat till they're full, I assume I don't have to feed them as long as I see larvae still swimming around that they could be eating? Thoughts are much appreciated!

-Brian

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I've never had an apisto die from overeating live foods. If they become obese and die from obesity-related problems, I guess that's something different.

bseitz234

OK, I'll keep an eye on their weight, and put them on an exercise regimen if necessary. Thanks Mike!!

On a related note, anyone know where I can find an apisto-sized treadmill and/or bowflex?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….