• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pls help identifying these two apistos

kai

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I currently keep these two species of apistogramma.

I got them in the same name as ap. rotkeil but they look different in color.

Pls help me identifying the real species of these two fishs.

Thanks,

22Oct09-01.jpg

22Oct09-04.jpg

K-Pon

5 Year Member
1st Apistogramma sp. "Segelflossen" and Otocinclus affinis

2nd for me its Apistogramma cf. iniridae but im not sure (can't see cadual fin - shape and spotted design on it)

K-Pon

5 Year Member
Sorry for Posting under post ....

Certainly I can be mistaken.
I am not expert in identification of apisto's species.

Lolojil

5 Year Member
You have two different species.

The first one is A. uaupesi (male) and the other is A. sp. "Putzer" (male) :wink:.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Otocinclus

Hi all,
I'm not even can try to ID the Apistogrammas, other than to say they are both lovely "blackwater" fish.

I can help with the Otocinclus, it isn't O. affinis, (despite the fact it is nearly always sold under that name), it has too broad a black lateral stripe. It is one of the O. hoppei/mariae/vestitus/vittatus group. If you could take a photograph of the caudal peduncle/fin markings it may be I'D able.

cheers Darrel

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Is there any chance that we can see photos of the females? Males of species related to A. uaupesi are hard to separate based on photos of displaying males. They look their diagnostic dark markings. Photos of the males in neutral and even fright pattern would be helpful.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks for the photos of the females. The second species does appear to be A. sp. Putzer/Cleaner. The first species could be A. sp. Segelflossen. It depends, among other things, on the size of the female. Segelflossen females show a more round tail than A. uaupesi females, which develop a squared off caudal with short tips top and bottom. The rows of dots on the abdomen of A. sp. Segelflossen are more distinct than on A. uaupesi (both sexes). Without seeing the specimens or more photos in different moods, I am not certain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scapesce

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….